Your Christmas decor doesn’t always have to be expensive and classy. There is room for fun, homemade crafts that the kids can get involved with. These toilet paper roll reindeer are simple to make and it’s a craft the whole family can get involved with!
Toilet Paper Roll Reindeer Supplies
To make your reindeer, you will need:
- Toilet paper roll tubes (brown is best to avoid having to paint them!)
- Small googly eyes
- Pom poms (black and/or red)
- Ribbon (10 inches long). The ribbon we used had a wire in the middle that made it easy to twist
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Glue (or hot glue/glue gun)
It’s time to get crafting! Here are the instructions that you’ll need to follow:
- Glue the googly eyes onto the toilet paper roll
- Glue the pom pom under the googly eyes
- Under the eyes and nose, wrap the ribbon around the roll and tie, or twist IT until it’s secure. This will be the reindeer scarf
- Bend the pipe cleaner into a V shape and set inside the toilet paper roll. Extend the sides so that it stays in place
- Cut a brown pipe cleaner into 2-3 inch pieces. Twist these pieces at the top of each antler for the reindeer. Use glue to secure the pipe cleaner, to help keep the pipe cleaner in place inside the toilet roll
- Display your reindeer!
We get that you might not want these toilet roll holder reindeer up on display in your living room. If you’re not sure about having them on general display, then perhaps the kids could make some for their bedroom?
We think it would be a great idea to make nine reindeer to display together. After all, Father Christmas has nice pulling his sleigh! The reindeer are called Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen in case you were wondering. And, of course, we can’t forget Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer who leas the pack!
We hope you enjoy making this Christmas craft as much as we did!