People in the UK typically add lights to their Christmas tree. But that isn’t the only option. You could opt for alternative Christmas tree decorations instead.
You can decorate your Christmas tree however you please.
Here are some ideas:
- Tinsel that fits in with your colour scheme
- Paper chains made by your children
- Paper snow flakes
- Festive Sparkle Bunting (which is pictured)
When it comes to alternative Christmas tree decorations, we particularly like the bunting. This particular design was made in the UK, by a female-run small business.
However, I also think it’s nice to get the kids involved by asking them to create paper chains for the tree. You can select the colours, to make sure that they fit in with the overall colour scheme.
Do you need a tree?
For many of us, the decorating the Christmas tree is all part of the festive process. But you don’t have to go for a typical green tree if you don’t want to.
Here are some ideas for those that would like to try something a bit different:
- A coloured Christmas tree. Go for a pink, gold, or even black tree. It obviously won’t be a real tree, but that means you can bring it out year after year
- Decorate a house plant that you already have in the room
- Stick decorations to the wall to form a tree shape
- Put some ladders up and add decorations to the steps
For many, Christmas is about traditions, but you shouldn’t let that stop you from experimenting and doing something a bit different if you please. The only limitation is your imagination.