Christmas decor is all about balance. You may want some expensive shop-bought items, but you’ll also want things you bring out year after year, as well as items you make. These lolly stick snowflakes are easy to create and they look great!
We often get the kids to make these to display in our window. They are simple, but effective and we love the way to light bounces off the sequins.
Lolly Stick Snowflake Supplies
Here are the items you’ll need to create your snowflakes:
- Lolly sticks (you need four for each snowflake)
- White craft paint
- A paintbrush
- A paper plate
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Glitter (for this project, we used fine iridescent glitter and jumbo glitter)
- Sequins (we used iridescent/clear sequins)
- Clear glue
- A small cup (optional, for paint)
Directions For Making Lolly Stick Snowflake
Once you have supplies, it’s time to get crafting. Follow these directions to make your lolly stick snowflakes!
- Pour a small amount of white paint in a small cup
- Place the popsicle sticks on the paper plate
- Paint each lolly stick white. Allow plenty of time to dry. Use more coats if you want to. (You don’t have to paint the back of the sticks unless you want to)
- Once dry, squirt a dab of hot glue in the center of one of the sticks. Place another popsicle stick on top, forming a + shape
- Squirt a dab of glue in the centre and place a stick diagonally. Do this again, making an X shape. This will form the complete snowflake
- Pour clear glue on the top of each lolly stick and spread the glue around with the tip of the bottle. Use glitter or sequins to decorate the snowflake
- Set aside to dry
- Your lolly stick snowflakes are now ready to display
You can make as many of these snowflakes as you want. As well as displaying them in windows, you may want to attach one to your tree. It is a really versatile craft and it’s something the whole family can get involved with!